A. General information
1. Responsible entity and data protection officer
On this website you can find information about the company responsible for processing your data, the data protection officer, if applicable, and the relevant regulatory body.
2. Type of data processed, the purpose and legal basis
We do not collect any personal data via our websites without your approval. You alone decide wheth-er or not you wish to disclose data to us, for example, during registration or when downloading mate-rial. We need your personal data in order to deal with your request or give you access to specific information or services. This data includes such information as:
Inventory data (e.g. customer master data, such as names and addresses)
Contact data (e.g. e-mail and phone numbers)
Content data (e.g. text inputs, photos, videos)
Usage data (e.g. websites visited, interest in content, access times)
Meta/communications data (e.g. device information and IP addresses)
3. Data subject category
Our website is aimed at visitors and users of the site and online services, including e-commerce func-tionality for our customers where appropriate. Thus, we process data from the following groups of persons:
Visitors and users of the website and online services
Customers, interested parties and business partners
4. Your rights
If the processing of your personal data falls within the scope of the GDPR, you have the following rights, otherwise the statutory provisions applicable to the processing apply. If your personal data is processed, you are a data subject, as defined by GDPR. Accordingly, you have the following rights vis-à-vis us as the responsible entity. If you wish to exercise your rights or obtain further information, please contact us or our data protection officer:
a) Rights pursuant to Article 15 et seq. GDPR
(1) The data subject has the right to request confirmation from the responsible entity as to whether personal data concerning the subject is processed and, if so, the subject has a right to information about this personal data and to the details specified in Article 15 GDPR.
Under certain statutory conditions you have the right to rectification under Article 16 GDPR, the right to restriction of processing under Article 18 GDPR and the right to erasure ("right to be forgotten") under Article 17 GDPR.
Furthermore, you have the right to receive the personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format (right to data portability) under Article 20 GDPR, provided that processing is automated and based on consent in accordance with Article 6(1a) or Article 9(2a) or on a contract in accordance with Article 6(1b) GDPR.
b) Withdrawal of consent in accordance with Article 7(3)GDPR
If processing is based on consent, you may at any time withdraw the consent you gave us to process personal data. Please be aware that withdrawal of consent has future effect only. It has no effect on processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
c) Right to lodge a complaint
You have the option to send a complaint to us or to a data protection regulatory body (Article 77 GDPR). On this website you can find information about the company responsible for processing your data, the data protection officer, if applicable, and the relevant regulatory body.
d) Right to object under Article 21 GDPR
In addition to the rights mentioned above, you have the right to object, as follows:
(1) Right to object on a case-by-case basis: You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your personal data which is based on Article 6(1e) GDPR (data processing in the public interest) and Article 6(1f) GDPR (data processing on the grounds of the balance of interests); this includes any profiling on the basis of this provision, as defined in Article 4(4) GDPR.
We will cease processing your personal data if you lodge an objection, unless we can provide compelling legitimate reasons for doing so which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or unless the processing is used for the purposes of asserting, exercising or defending legal claims..
(2) Right of objection to the processing of data for advertising purposes: In individual cases, we process your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data for the purposes of such marketing; this includes profiling insofar as it is related to such direct marketing. If you object to processing aimed at direct marketing, we will cease processing your personal data for such purposes.
5. General information (disclosure of data to third parties)
(2) Within the responsible Endress+Hauser company, those persons who need your data in order to fulfill our contractual and statutory duties, or safeguard legitimate interests, are granted access to it. Furthermore, companies affiliated to the Endress+Hauser group, service providers and vicarious agents employed by us, and public authorities or third parties may receive data for such purposes.
Service providers and vicarious agents, etc. authorized by us are contractually obliged to comply with relevant data protection laws..
(3) As part of the hosting of our website, your data will be processed by the provider Amazon Web Services, Inc. working for us on the basis of a processing contract.
(4) The services and IT systems of external service providers Eloqua and Inxmail, to whom we have subcontracted processing, are involved in the sending of advertising e-mail communications. You can find further information below.
(5) In order to provide you with targeted information and advice about products we, or service provid-ers working on our behalf, may use web analytics tools, particularly tracking technology. These enable communication and advertising to be tailored to your requirements. You can find further information below.
(1) We have put in place technical and organizational security measures (in accordance with Article 24 and Article 32 GDPR for the EU) in order to protect your personal data against loss, destruction, ma-nipulation and unauthorized access. All of our staff and all third parties involved in data processing are obliged to comply with relevant data protection laws and treat personal data confidentially.
(2) This site uses SSL or TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect confidential content dur-ing transmission, such as purchase orders or requests you send to us as the site operator. You can tell that the connection is encrypted from the browser’s address bar, which changes from "http://" to "https://", and from the padlock symbol in your browser bar. If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you send to us cannot be read by any third party.
7. Changes to our privacy provisions
B. Visiting our website
We wish to provide you with the following information regarding which personal data we process when you visit our website, the purpose behind the processing, and the legal basis for it.
1. Purpose of processing
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
Provision of the website and the online services, its functionalities and content.
To create and manage your personal customer account.
To identify you as a contractual partner.
To process your online purchases. These include purchase orders and returns of purchases via our website, payment processing, notifications regarding delivery status and any delivery problems. Your personal data may also be processed in order to handle complaints or if you have warranty rights.
For responding to contact requests and communicating with users.
To assert, enforce, exercise or defend legal claim(s) and legal disputes, and to detect, solve and prevent crime.
For security measures.
To measure coverage.
For direct marketing purposes, e.g. in the form of advertising e-mails or post.
2. Provision of the website and log files
(1) If you use the website purely for informational purposes, i.e. if you do not register or send information to us in any other way, we will collect only the personal data transmitted automatically by your browser to our server. If you wish to visit our website, we will collect the following data, which we need for technical reasons in order to display our website to you and ensure stability and security (legal basis in the EU is Article 6(1f) GDPR):
Date and time of the request
Difference between the time zone and Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
Content of the request (specific page)
Access status/HTTP status code
Volume of data transmitted in each case
Website from which the request is received
Browser, language and version of the browser software
Operating system and its interface
(2) Users’ IP addresses are deleted or anonymized when use ceases. During anonymization, the IP addresses are altered such that detailed information concerning personal or material circumstances can no longer, or only with a disproportionately large amount of effort, be attributed to a specific or identifiable individual.
In addition to the log file data mentioned above, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. You can find a detailed overview of the cookies used and their storage period here.
4. E-commerce functionality
4.1 Use of e-commerce functionality
When goods are ordered from our website, we collect and process the necessary personal data about you in order to complete the order. The mandatory data required for contract fulfillment (name and address) are flagged separately; other information is optional. The legal basis for processing this personal data is the fulfillment of contractual duties (Article 6(1b) GDPR for the EU).
4.2 Customer account
We process the following personal data during the customer account registration process, which is required in order to make a purchase on our website (Create an account under "My account"): E-mail address and a password generated by you.
Your customer account can be deleted at any time. Such requests can be submitted, for example, by e-mail or by sending a message to the contact point mentioned above. The legal basis for disclosing this personal data is the fulfillment of contractual duties (Article 6(1b) GDPR for the EU).
4.3 Electronic ordering and payment processes
(1) Once you have decided to purchase as a customer or a guest, we collect the following data in order to execute the order: First name and surname, name of the company, communications data, address and, where appropriate, delivery address. Payments are made by bank transfer following receipt of our invoice.
Advance payment may be requested in exceptional cases. The legal basis for processing your order and payment data is the fulfillment of contractual duties (Article 6(1b) GDPR for the EU).
(2) Your address, payment and order data is stored after completion of the contract for the ten-year retention period required under commercial and tax law and then deleted, unless you have given your consent to a longer storage period or further processing of the data is necessary in order to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
The legal basis for processing personal data in order to fulfill statutory archiving and retention requirements is the fulfillment of statutory duties (Article 6(1c) GDPR for the EU).
4.4 Disclosure of data during the order process
We process the data you provide in order to complete your order. In order to fulfill the contract, we pass your data to the transport company entrusted with delivery, if this is necessary for delivering the goods ordered. The legal basis for disclosing this personal data is the fulfillment of contractual duties (Article 6(1b) GDPR for the EU).
Our service providers are permitted to process or use your data only in order to fulfill the purpose for which the data was sent to them. To the extent that data is dis-closed to external service providers, we have put in place technical and organizational measures to ensure that data protection regulations are observed.
5. Contact forms
(1) At various points on our website, you have the option to provide your personal data in order to contact us or leave us your feedback. We have flagged the relevant mandatory data as such. Without such data, we are unable to provide the service you require. We store these details together with your IP address and the time of submission (date and time) the moment you enter them.
(3) The legal basis for processing the data sent via the contact form or e-mail is our legitimate interest (Article 6(1f) GDPR for the EU) or fulfillment of contractual duties (Article 6(1b) GDPR for the EU) if the aim of contact is to conclude a contract.
(4) We process personal data from the input screen only in order to make contact. Contact via e-mail also constitutes a necessary legitimate interest in processing the data. The other personal data pro-cessed during the submission process is used to prevent misuse of the contact form and safeguard the security of our information technology systems.
(5) This data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected. For personal data taken from the input screen of the contact form and data sent by e-mail, this is the case when the relevant conversation with the user comes to an end. The conversation comes to an end when circumstances make it apparent that the issue in question has been resolved conclusively.
6. Advertising e-mail communications
6.1 Registration to receive e-mails
(1) You have the option to register for our advertising e-mail communications so that we can send you news on a regular basis, for example, regarding our products.
(2) Our advertising e-mail communication is sent to you only on the basis of your active consent (opt-in) and if required, following additional confirmation of your e-mail address (double opt-in). If you do not confirm your registration within 14 days, it will be deemed incomplete and you will receive no advertising e-mail communications from us. In addition, we store the IP addresses you use for registration and confirmation respectively as well as the registration and confirmation times.
The purpose of this is to provide proof of your registration and, if necessary, to highlight any possible misuse of your personal data. Once you have provided confirmation, we store your e-mail address for the purpose of sending advertising e-mail communications.
(3) The legal basis for the aforementioned processing procedures in connection with advertising e-mail communications is your consent (Article 6(1a) GDPR for the EU).
(4) If you no longer wish to receive advertising e-mail communications from us, you can unsubscribe at any time, e.g. by clicking on the link provided in every e-mail.
6.2 Advertising e-mail communications following product purchase
(1) If you have purchased products, software or services from our website, we will send you our ad-vertising e-mail communications to the e-mail address you provided when you made the purchase, potentially even if you have not registered beforehand to receive e-mails. This relates to advertising e-mail communications promoting products similar to the ones you have purchased on our website.
(2) This e-mail address is stored in our database for that purpose. In addition, we store the IP address you used when you made the purchase and the time of the purchase as proof that the advertising e-mail communications have been sent legitimately.
(3) The legal basis for the aforementioned processing procedures is our legitimate interest (Article 6(1f) GDPR for the EU). Our legitimate interest in data processing is direct advertising of our products to our customers and your interest in services and new initiatives.
(4) If you no longer wish to receive advertising e-mail communications from us, you can unsubscribe at any time, e.g. by clicking on the link provided in every e-mail.
6.3 Service providers for advertising e-mail communications:
6.3.1 Eloqua: (1) We use Eloqua to optimize communications with our customers. Eloqua’s servers are located in the EU. Where support and administration services are concerned, it is possible that, individual em-ployees of the service provider outside the EU will also have access to user data in the course of providing the contractual service; an appropriate level of data protection will always be ensured in such circumstances.
Furthermore, Inxmail can use this data to optimize or improve its own services, e.g. for technical optimization of the sending process and the display of emails, or for commercial purposes in order to determine which countries the recipients come from. However, Inxmail does not use our e-mail recipients’ data in order to send its own communications to them or disclose it to third parties.
(2) You can view Inxmail’s privacy provisions.
6.4 Analysis of advertising e-mail communications
(1) Please be aware that we analyze the user behavior of recipients of our advertising e-mail communications. For the purposes of this analysis, the e-mails sent contain web beacons or tracking pixels, which consist of single pixel image files. The analysis involves linking the collected data, or elements thereof, and the web beacons to your e-mail address and an individual ID.
The links contained in the advertising e-mail communications also contain this ID. We use the data obtained in this way to create a user profile so that we can customize advertising e-mail communications in order to better reflect your interests. We record the time at which you read our e-mails, which links in the e-mail you click, and then draw conclusions about your personal interests. Furthermore, we might link this data with your activities on our website.
(2) The legal basis for the aforementioned analysis is our legitimate interest (Article 6 (1f) GDPR for the EU). This applies also in the case of advertising e-mail communications, which are sent following a purchase, without separate registration to it. Our legitimate interest in data processing where track-ing is concerned is our need to customize our advertising e-mail communications in order to better reflect the interests of our customers.
(3) You can object at any time to the tracking described above by unsubscribing from advertising e-mail communications.
7. Web analytics services and advertising
7.1 Webtrekk Analytics
(1) This website uses the Webtrekk Analytics web statistics tool from Webtrekk GmbH, based in Ger-many, in order to collect statistical data about use of this web service and optimize the service accordingly. Webtrekk Analytics’ recording of usage is anonymized or pseudonymized. The IP address is anonymized for this purpose immediately after it is processed and before it is stored. The legal basis for the data processing is our legitimate interest (Article 6(1f) GDPR in the EU).
(2) You can find more information about Webtrekk Analytics in Webtrekk’s privacy provisions.
7.2 AdWords and Google conversion tracking
(1) This website uses Google AdWords, online advertising software from Google Inc., based in the USA. We use conversion tracking as part of Google AdWords. Every Google AdWords customer is given a different cookie. The cookies cannot be tracked across the websites of AdWords customers. The information collected by means of the conversion cookie is used to generate conversion statistics for AdWords customers.
Customers find out the total number of users who clicked on their advertisement and were redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not receive any information that personally identifies the users. The legal basis for the data processing is our legitimate interest (Article 6(1f) GDPR in the EU).
(3) You can find more information about Google AdWords and Google conversion tracking in Google's privacy provisions.
7.3 Google Tag Manager
(1) This website uses Google Tag Manager as part of Google AdWords and Google conversion tracking. Tags are small code elements on our website, which are used, amongst other things, to measure traffic and visitor behavior, record the effect of online advertising and social channels, use remarketing and focus on target groups, and test and optimize the website.
The tool triggers the activation of other tags which may record data as well. Google Tag Manager does not access this data. The legal basis for the data processing is our legitimate interest (Article 6(1f) GDPR in the EU).
(2) You can find more information about Google Tag Manger in Google’s privacy provisions: Google Tag Manager Terms of Service
7.4 Google dynamic remarketing
(2) According to Google’s own statements, the data collected during remarketing is not merged with any of your personal data which may be stored by Google. In particular, Google states that pseudonymization is used in remarketing. The legal basis for the data processing is our legitimate interest (Article 6(1f) GDPR in the EU).
(3) You can find more information about Google dynamic remarketing in Google’s privacy provisions.
(1) We use Tealium AudienceStream, a service provided by Tealium Inc. based in the USA, to collect and store usage data on our website, from which usage profiles can be created using pseudonyms. This allows us to adapt our website to your needs and hence configure your use of the website to meet your requirements automatically and in real time. The legal basis for the data processing is our legitimate interest (Article 6(1f) GDPR in the EU).
2) You can find more information about Tealium AudienceStream in Tealium’s privacy provisions.
2) If you have provided no personal data on or via our website (e.g. when giving consent for our advertising e-mail communications or by completing a downloaded form), we use Eloqua only for the same purposes as we use Webtrekk. In this case, the legal basis for the data processing is our legitimate interest (Article 6(1f) GDPR in the EU).
We make additional use of the data collected only if you actively enter personal data and have made an appropriate declaration of consent. In this case, the legal basis for the data processing is your consent (Article 6(1a) GDPR in the EU).
(3) For more information about Eloqua see: www.eloqua.com